Monday, June 8, 2009

News

Things have been going on these last few days. Here's my take on them:

First of all E3. Great ..too bad I wasn't there. Fortunately there were no " Giant enemy crab(s)" ( for people familiar with bashing Sony you'll know what that means). Second the game I was looking forward to, Assassin's Creed 2 was demoed. It seems to be a nice sequel with some definite improvements. What people can only hope now is that Ubisoft finally gives some freedom to the player. What Assassin's Creed actually needs is to have a talk with Hitman.

Second, we have a launch date for Windows Seven, and it's sooner than anyone expected: OCTOBER 22. As I have been beta testing for the last few months, I can tell you Seven is going to be a great release, and a very stable one. No more Vista-like mistakes.

Third I've had some rendering issues with a 9600GT on Sims 3. There is no possible reason or explanation, and I have yet to find a fix. And there's nothing on the net related to this.

Fourth Alongside Seven Microsoft is launching Bing. The beta has been around for a few days now. Bing is a new search engine, that is supposed to be Search 2.0. And while certain features, and ideas that went into it's making surely sound smart and great ..time and page-hits will be the judges in the end.

I'm sure many many many other things have happened in the last 2 weeks but I've been really busy with exams coming up. Anyway that's why the name is RANDOM geeky stuff. Cheers

No comments: