Saturday, June 28, 2008

Diablo 3

Diablo 3 Logo

Now I don't usually do this as this is not my style, and this blog isn't really about games. Actually it's not at all about games and that's why I didn't say anything when Assassin's Creed or Crysis came out , which are both outstanding games ..but this time it's personal.

Diablo has always been somewhere in the top 5 all time favorite games ever. I love this series, the inovation, the sheer coolness of the game, and especially the oustandingly well put together story. And again, the guys at Blizzard outdid themselves and have announced something I've been hoping for ever since I finished D2, that Diablo 3 is in the making and will some day come out.

Now to those of you who are new to the game, this might not mean anything ..but to the fans it's a big deal. This was quite unexpected at least for me because the original team that made Diablo ..Blizzard North ..had quit a few years ago as I remember.

To get a feel of the game, check out the Blizzard website and you'll have a chance to see the trailer..and a very nice gameplay trailer. So far the game looks great using what appears to me as a modified version of the graphics engine that Blizzard is also using for Starcraft 2. New classes have been added and are announced , the only one so far you can see being the Witch Doctor ( to all Blizzard fans this will be more than familiar). Basically Blizzard seems to have taken what they learned with their WoW experience, added it to the already amazing Diablo universe, and finished it off with their natural ability of making great games. Unfortunately right now their webpage is still somewhat under construction but be sure to check back soon for all the great new stuff.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do , cheers Geeky.

No comments: