Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update on Chrome

       

     Chrome by Google! Came out , had a run with it, wasn't too impressed. The Tab Manager is a nice feature though but the browser uses up quite a lot of memory. Here's a printscreen from a test I did earlier. I ran IE , Opera, Firefox and Chrome, each had 10 tabs , 5 tabs main site of wikipedia, another 5 running a flash powered game. By the way if you still want to download Chrome they changed the link so you can find it HERE. Cheers


Chrome memory

4 comments:

Illuminatus said...

Ce in place in mod special la acest browser este design-ul minimalist. Astfel paginile web ocupa o suprafata mult mai mare a ecranului decat la celelalte browsere. Ar fi interesant sa pui 4 poze, nu screenshots, cu acelasi site deschis in toate browsere sa se vada diferentele.
Cheers,
V

Geeky said...

Please repost that comment in English, so I'm not the only one that understands you. And I'll respond directly in English. I won't do the screenshots on different browsers because it depends a lot on the way you yourself organise and customize your browser. For example if you add one or two toolbars in firefox that may take up 10% of you page-viewing space.

Illuminatus said...

ok
English: I really like the minimalistic design of Google Chrome. In this way, the images of the rendered web-pages ocupy a bigger part of the screen than on other browsers. Practicaly, you see more of the same page than with other.
LE. Another thing I like is that Gmail works blazing fast now! Visualy faster than any other.

Illuminatus said...

Update from me too. It seems that scrolling down with my touchpad is ok, but scrolling up just wont make it. Don't know why.