Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blog Template

You may be wondering why the blog looks somewhat different. Well I was in the mood to play around with the coding, and I actually had a few different ideas that would have looked nice. The first one was to get the background back, a little blue stripe on the edges of the screen ( like we have now). For that I had to change the background color and the sizes of the different wrappers. I've tried to optimize the site for 1024 screen resolution, so the original wrapper was 1024 pixels. I changed that to about 900 and the site looked weird. I tried changing the main and sidebar wrapper to make them smaller ..but it still looked weird so I reverted back to the original  sizes.

Google has the following thing written next to the editor view : You may want to save your template before editing it. Guess why? So tings don't go horribly wrong as they did for me. When I went back to the original wrapper sizes something got screwy because the site ( regardless of any changes that I tried) was about 20 pixels more than it should be, thus going off screen, thus creating horizontal scroll bar that looked and felt like s%$t. I tinkered around some more ( I swear I did know what I was doing!) but somehow the sidebar got screwed all together.

Now this is the thing that I truly and honestly completely hate about technology. When things don't work without any reason. It's like you give the command : print 1 and your PC without any possible explanation prints 2. I always get extremely pissed when stuff like this happens, and it's probably my weak point when dealing with tech stuff. 

It was at that point that I almost threw my monitor out the window, but I managed to calm myself. And I began anew, with a new template modifying it from the basic aspect, and I finally got to what you can see now. There were more changes that were supposed to happen, but technology hates me and for some reason I couldn't change the header sizes and a few more other things. 

 Anyway it doesn't look too bad ( I got rid of the header that annoyed you so much) and I hope you like it.

No comments: