Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hotspot Shield and other stuff

Seems this is a double-post day so enjoy it.
First of all .. a little something about myself : I love to watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report. Two very interesting, funny and most of the times intelligent shows that relax and entertain me. Since I don't have Comedy Central here, I used to download the shows off torrents, but then I discovered I could watch whole episodes on Comedy Central's website. Which was excellent. Well, 2 days ago they introduced a new commercial thingy, from which they make some money, but it also means that you can't watch the show unless you live in specific regions aka the US and Canada. The way they check your location is via your IP. So thanks to someone's comment I tried Hotspot Shield a little program that creates a VPN and basically masks your IP and protects in/out-going data. By using this tiny little program you can now watch those shows and browse more securely.

Second because Vista SP2 was released to manufacturing yesterday, Windows Update now features a new update ..for the updater itself. It's exactly the same thing that happened before the release of SP1, so as to have a smoother install when the service pack gets here. So go ahead and install that . The update is KB955430.

1 comment:

Illuminatus said...

Thanks, Installing it right now ;). Although sooner or later I would have been notified.